Monday, December 2, 2013

Exploring Foster NSW December 2, 2013


MONDAY – DECEMBER 2, 2013 Diamond Beach, NSW

BOTTOM LINE:
Barb was sited crawling out from under a rock.  Began exploring Foster and Tuncurry

BACK STORY:
After doing some laundry and a bit of cleaning we headed out to begin exploring the area that we would be spending a week in.  Bruce had driven and checked us into another time share trade that we had arranged at Diamond Beach in New South Wales. 

When I finally emerged, I saw the blessings that God had given us.  For the three days of illness, it had rained continually.  We would not have been able to go explore anyway.  We were both in need of some rest and got it.  Bruce needed to do some work on the internet and we had it.  Australia has great “take-aways” so Brue didn’t starve.  On a side note:  “Take away” is slow food that you take away to eat.  They primarily offer burgers or various types of fish with “chips” which are always homemade plank style fries as we know them sprinkled with “chicken salt,” which doesn’t have any chicken in it!  Bruce easily found food to eat as cooking or eating was NOT on my list of activities.

My balance had improved but was not predictable so I used my hiking stick, which I was thankful for having with me.  Bruce had to drive because I could not trust my reactions or skills.


Bridge between Tuncurry and Foster NSW













The city "sea bath"




One spot that we visited was Cape Hawke Lookout where we were promised a spectacular 360 degree view of the area.  The hike was on top of the highest hill in the coastal region.  It was a simple 20 minute walk up and then a climb up onto a structure that resembles a fire lookout in the Sierras.  The twenty minute walk turned out to be 10 minutes.  Because of the previous days rain, the mosquitos were thick.  I felt something on my bare leg and looked down to see at least a dozen black things pulsating on my calves.  Ahhhh, run!  At the top of the lookout there was a good breeze which seemed to keep any biting at bay.  The view was very clear and a good spot to get our bearings.  The run back to the car was equally fast!


View from Cape Hawke Lookout

 
Looking towards US from lookout


Our health is such a very precious gift and I will never take it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment